Wednesday 4 November 2009

Halloween- Newcastle and Sunderland

This past weekend I spent in England. I stayed in Sunderland with Erin at her boyfriend's house. It was an enjoyable time. We visited Newcastle on the first day that we were there and it was pretty great. It was a very nice city with a lot of museums and things of that sort to look at. We wandered around with one of Erin's friends, Sam. He took us to this vintage store and we tried lots of things on. I realized I really like high-collar old lady dresses. I want one. In black. I bought a green barrette instead. The Baltic art museum was really nice. We went there and looked at stuff. There were activities for little kids like pumpkin carving. I was really excited about it but they didn't let us carve things with small children. I was sad.
When we were back in Sunderland we went to this park that had a walrus statue. I really like walruses so we
sat on it and took a
bunch of pictures. I think
it was one of the
high lights of Sunderland. Erin also showed me the school where she studied at 2 years ago and I got to see the dorms and the studios and I got to hear about all the shinanigans her and Corey got up to back in the day.
The following night we worked on our wonderful Halloween costumes and then we went to a Halloween party of one of Gary's friends. I was a dead scuba diver! It was pretty great. I really liked it because I made all of it. Scuba tanks, flippers, weight belt and all. Erin assisted Gary with gluing on extra facial hair. She was being a good girlfriend. He was being one of his friends for Halloween and Erin was a sailor doll. The party was really fun and everyone had really good costumes. Drinking with English people was fun. One boy was Alladin and Erin and I kept following him around and singing to him all night. The songs and motions got more entertaining as the night and drinking went on. We ended up ordering pizza once we got home and were very very disappointed with the speediness of the delivery service. It wasn't, and that
was the problem. We also tried toffee apples at the beginning of the night that we were very excited for. They were red and candy looking but weren't nearly as exciting as they looked. I just wanted them to be caramel apples but they definitely were not.

So yeah that was about it. It was a really fun time and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I was very happy to spend it with fun people in a foreign country. Yep.

1 comment:

  1. highlight of Halloween for me was SOMEBODY yelling "I HAVE SUCH A THING FOR JEWISH GUYS!!" xDD good times!

    ReplyDelete